Working in collaboration with the Midstate Arc in Meriden, CT
The AT Academy© workshop is an interactive, technology based training program designed to build foundational competencies in order to deliver Assistive Technology services to individuals with an array of disabilities.
- AT Evaluation, including Fundamental Assessment Process (FAP)©
- Access to AT (computer access; switches)
- Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Chrome, smartphones; tablets; built in accessibility features)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Literacy – Tools to support independence in the areas of reading and writing
- AT for Community Living – Tools for Organization, Time Management, Home Automation
- Future Trends in AT (virtual reality, wearables)
- AT Trials & Implementation
Utilizing the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), presentation materials will include:
- Training materials focused on the topic areas described above.
- Interactive live training experiences including: group and individual activities, web based tools, web based data collection forms, and more.
- Learning Designer will promote hands-on learning through a BYOT (Bring Your Own Technology) learning environment.
- An interactive web portal that will house all the training materials and additional web resources.
Only 30 Spots available, and they are going fast!!
We have a new class coming up to learn how to conduct Assistive Technology Assessments
The class will consist of 3 Webinars and one live class
They will be held from 3p-4pm on the following days
Webinar #1: Thursday, 2/20/20 – 3pm – 4pm
Webinar #2: Thursday, 3/12/20 – 3pm – 4pm
Live training day – Thursday, 4/2/20 – 8:30 am – 3:30 pm (Location to be determined)
Webinar #3: Tuesday, 4/14/20 – 3pm – 4pm
The cost for the class is $200 for members and $300 for non-members.
Payments will need to be received at least one week before the first webinar which is on 2/20/2020
If you need an invoice, please send your request to Marisol.
Make checks payable to NESIT
P.O. Box 1726
Meriden CT, 06450