Working in collaboration with the Midstate Arc in Meriden, CT
The AT Academy© workshop is an interactive, technology based training program designed to build foundational competencies in order to deliver Assistive Technology services to individuals with an array of disabilities.
- AT Evaluation, including Fundamental Assessment Process (FAP)©
- Access to AT (computer access; switches)
- Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Chrome, smartphones; tablets; built in accessibility features)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Literacy – Tools to support independence in the areas of reading and writing
- AT for Community Living – Tools for Organization, Time Management, Home Automation
- Future Trends in AT (virtual reality, wearables)
- AT Trials & Implementation
Utilizing the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), presentation materials will include:
- Training materials focused on the topic areas described above.
- Interactive live training experiences including: group and individual activities, web based tools, web based data collection forms, and more.
- Learning Designer will promote hands-on learning through a BYOT (Bring Your Own Technology) learning environment.
- An interactive web portal that will house all the training materials and additional web resources.
Only 30 Spots available, and they are going fast!!
We have a new class coming up to learn how to conduct Assistive Technology Assessments – specifically learning the strategies to match the individual’s needs with features of technology tools.
The class will consist of 3 Webinars and a series of recorded online learning modules.
They will be held from 3p-4pm on the following days
Webinar #1: Thursday, October 29, 2020
Webinar #2: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Live training day – Due to COVID-19, the live training day has been replaced with virtual learning modules. These modules will be completed independently, with feedback from the instructor.
Webinar #3: Wednesday, December 2, 2020
The cost for the class is $200 for members and $300 for non-members.
Payments will need to be received at least one week before the first webinar
If you need an invoice, please send your request to Marisol.
Make checks payable to:
MidState Arc, 200 Research Parkway, Meriden, CT 06450.