Working in collaboration with the Midstate Arc in Meriden, CT
The AT Academy© workshop is an interactive, technology based training program designed to build foundational competencies in order to deliver Assistive Technology services to individuals with an array of disabilities.
- AT Evaluation, including Fundamental Assessment Process (FAP)©
- Access to AT (computer access; switches)
- Mobile Devices (iOS, Android, Chrome, smartphones; tablets; built in accessibility features)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Literacy – Tools to support independence in the areas of reading and writing
- AT for Community Living – Tools for Organization, Time Management, Home Automation
- Future Trends in AT (virtual reality, wearables)
- AT Trials & Implementation
Utilizing the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), presentation materials will include:
- Training materials focused on the topic areas described above.
- Interactive live training experiences including: group and individual activities, web based tools, web based data collection forms, and more.
- Learning Designer will promote hands-on learning through a BYOT (Bring Your Own Technology) learning environment.
- An interactive web portal that will house all the training materials and additional web resources.
The class will consist of 3 Webinars and a series of recorded online learning modules.
For additional details and registration info, visit the Midstate Arc website