Are you interested in an introduction to Assistive Technology?
The AT Academy might be for you!
The AT Academy is a hybrid training course designed to provide a foundation of knowledge in the area of assistive technology.
Often, service providers come into assistive technology from another field (teacher, OT, PT, SLP, etc) and need to quickly understand the scope of delivering assistive technology services to consumers with disabilities.
In order to effectively meet the needs of all learners, the AT Academy is comprised of several different training experiences.
Included in the AT Academy:
- A customized webpage, available only to participants, which houses the course content materials and provides opportunities to facilitate learner participation even after the course is completed.
- A series of on line webinars, which are recorded and stored on the course website for future reference.
- A live training event (full day or 2 day) which enables participants to explore assistive technology via hands on learning opportunities.
- An application project, completed after the live training, to take the new information they have obtained and apply it to their AT service setting.
Areas of Focus
Overview – Including full section on AT Consideration / Assessment
Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
AEM – Accessible Educational Materials
AT for Sensory
AT for Social Integration
AT Trials & Implementation
Develop your PLN with Social Media
This agenda can be adjusted / modified to meet the specific needs of your group. Do you have a specific focus of your training needs? Let’s talk – the AT Academy can be adjusted to focus on any area of AT service delivery (education, employment, community living).
The AT Academy is a new, improved incarnation of the AT Bootcamp (designed with Kirk Behnke). Some modifications to the AT Bootcamp format have included:
- AT Bootcamp 1 day. This format has been successfully delivered at the 2014 AzTAP Conference in Phoenix, AZ and the 2014-2016 PATINS Annual Conference in Indianapolis, IN.
- AT Bootcamp: Assessment. This two day live event was created specifically for the MADA Assistive Technology Center and delivered live to the AT staff during February 2015 in Doha, Qatar.
Does this sound like the path to assistive technology success for your group? Email me to discuss the details.